The National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) recently elected one member to serve on its Board of Directors and re-elected two others. Each will serve a three-year term, beginning this month.
An independent firm that managed the voting process reported the certified election results to the NFRC. Members of the NFRC:
• Elected Sneh Kumar, of TRACO, as a first-time Board member to fill a Fenestration Industry category seat.
• Re-elected Mike Thoman, of Architectural Testing, Inc., to a second term to fill a Laboratory category seat.
• Re-elected Kerry Haglund, of the Center for Sustainable Building Research, to a second term to fill a General Interest category seat.
"NFRC is proud that our members continue to demonstrate their dedication to the organization by participating in the Board election process," said Jim Benney, NFRC’s executive director. "We’re pleased to welcome a first-time Board member and to retain the services of two current Board members."
Additionally, NFRC announced its 2010 Board of Directors Executive Committee:
• Chair: Joe Hayden, Pella Corp.
• Vice Chair: Steve Strawn, Jeld-Wen, Inc.
• Treasurer: Kerry Haglund, Center for Sustainable Building Research
• Secretary: Steve Farrar, Guardian Industries Corp.
• Ombudsman: Jim Krahn, Marvin Windows & Doors
The Executive Committee will turn its attention to several priorities for 2010, including the successful deployment of the Component Modeling Approach (CMA) program and development of a fair, accurate, and credible rating program for fenestration attachments. In addition, the Executive Committee will focus on the roll-out of the Certified Insulating Glass Units (IGUs) requirement. In July 2010, IGUs used in NFRC-certified and -labeled products must be certified by a third-party Insulating Glass certification program prior to those products obtaining NFRC certification authorization.